January 2018 Check-In
This month has had everything, challenge, drama, intrigue, laughter, spontaniety. It’s been hard – eh, downright brutal in moments – but it’s been a dream. Because I’m here, if you are reading this – you’re here, and it means we’ve got a shot at February. So, lets ask a few questions: (I will answer as an example, but I want you to really think here)
- How did you challenge yourself this month, resolutions aside, what choices did you make to take a step forward in any area of your life? For me, starting a new devotional, choosing to read more, and getting out of my comfortable running routine to try something new aka Corepower Yoga
- Did you give yourself space to up the ante, be spontaneous, explore a new passion? We tried, Jon was gracious to last minute pack up the car to head to The International Festival of the Arts at Epcot, it allowed me space to draw and write and it was beautiful and fun to adventure with him.
- Have there been any big life changes this month whether good or bad? How did you handle them? We rescued a one year old dog, who came with some health issues – really causing me stress in the first week and a half. My home stopped feeling like a safe place into one of chaos, but I was letting the enemy have control, to get inside my mind –
- Did you need a reset at any point? YESS
- What changes are you hoping to make in Month TWO?
So what’s up for month TWO?
Well unfortunately we are headed to Alabama tomorrow for Jon’s grandfather’s funeral. While I never met him, I heard stories and he seemed like a pretty great man. On the race front I have the Hearts & Soles 5K next week, and the Fairy Tale Challenge (10K & Half) with Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals at the end of the month. I have my final follow up with my nutritionist next Thursday – so fingers crossed she’s pleased! This month I also want to dare to do something new! Whether visit a new state, run a new race, try a new workout class, taste a new kind of cuisine. Complacency never shines. Dare to be Bold! You hear it all the time, but this month I want to explore it – maybe I set up the challenge to visit as many states as possible in this calendar year (tomorrow will make three).
So get excited about this month – do something different, challenge yourself. See what God has for you! it’s going to be incredible!
Happy Feb 1st.