What’s Ahead: Jesus, love and perspective. An easy salad recipe. Quick core workout. Fundraising update. Community fun!
His Fame and His Glory is the true desire of my heart when racing and running in general. However, sometimes that get’s so blurred with selfish ambition. So here we are 5 days before the Publix Georgia Marathon on Sunday and God gave me a perspective check. Does it REALLY matter if I BQ* this weekend? Sure that would bring further opportunities to shine the light of Jesus, but if I miss it Sunday then I’ve wasted the here and now in place of a maybe about the future. Don’t miss the here and now, be present on the road, in the gym, cooking dinner for the family. It’s the extraordinary love of Jesus that we are called to display as believers – start right where you are.
*qualify for the Boston Marathon, the most coveted marathon registration in the country.
Good Eats: Here is a quick and nutritious salad recipe that makes a great lunch.
- Saute a chicken breast in a bit of olive oil sprinkled with salt, pepper, and basil. Cook until browned and cut into desired size pieces.
- 1/4 avocado sliced
- Handful of strawberries sliced
- 1 Tbsp of slivered almonds
- Sprinkled feta or goat cheese if desired
- Drizzle of vinaigrette dressing : if I don’t use store bought I create a Lemon Vinaigrette with lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and garlic
Fitness Fun: Here is a core workout that takes 15 minutes
- 30 second regular plank, 30 second right side plank, 30 second left side plank continuous (don’t drop between)
- 30 medicine ball Russian Twists
- 20 Tick-Tocks – lay on your back with your legs in the air and move them from one side to the other without hitting the floor
- 1 minute hip thrust – Lay on your back with knees up and hip thrust and hold for 1 minute – keep your back in line
- Do this 3 times with 1 minute break in between!
Fundraising Update: Wow you guys! I’m so blown away! Less than 2 weeks of fundraising and already at 67% of my goal. THANK YOU doesn’t begin to express how grateful I am and how thankful St. Jude’s is! The raffle is currently still going strong until Friday when we do the draw, let me know if you want to participate!
Community Fun: This Saturday at 9am the Green Market @ Piedmont Park (and 12th street) is opening their booths for the first time this year with all their fresh produce! We will be gathering to do a fun run at 9am around the park and then heading to explore what they’ve got (then maybe followed by coffee ha). *WEATHER PERMITTING
So excited about what’s in store for this spring! If you have something exciting on the horizon I want to hear about it so I can cheer you on!